From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
warren_scott

Add ability to programmatically set tabbing order of controls

Right now the only way possible to set the tabbing order of controls on the front panel of a (sub)VI is to use Edit >> Set Tabbing Order.

I would like a VI Server property/method to be able to programmatically set the tabbing order of the controls on the front panel the way I want.  This way I can write a script to fix a large number of VIs without needing to manually click through each one.  (Of course I would be responsible for programmatically figuring out the order I wanted, but I could make some general assumptions like following the top-bottom left-right on the front panel existing layout, or following how they are connected to the connector pane, etc)

2 Comments
Intaris
Proven Zealot

There's a scripting invoke node called "Set panel order" or something similar which, when run, first complains that the method is available only when the target VI is in edit mode but then says the function is not yet implemented.  This was in LV 2012 like this and is still not implemented in LV 2015.

So I think this idea is basically asking for this method to finally actually be implemented.

For your information, Clusters and Tab pages already have this method available.  This may help ins ome situations but I fully agree this functionality should be avaliable for Panes also.

MathieuSteiner
Active Participant

Currently facing the exact same need. Has there been any implementation of such feature ?