LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
X.

Add a "Tip Strips Visible" VI Property

Currently (LV 2016), if you want to turn on or off tip strips on a VI FP, you have to set the tip strip string of each individual control:

Screen Shot 2016-08-28 at 11.41.47.png

This also means, you have to keep track of them (SR, LVG, etc).

I suggest adding a VI Property "Tip Strips Visible" which would mirror the option available in the development environment (but of GLOBAL scope):

Screen Shot 2016-08-28 at 11.22.07.png

BTW, Controls means exactly what it means in the Options panel, i.e. Controls AND Indicators.

3 Comments
GuenterMueller
Active Participant

Great idea.
I would prefer to have a global setting similar to the Control Help Window function.

X.
Trusted Enthusiast
Trusted Enthusiast

I didn't think of this as a global setting, but I suppose this makes sense as well.

My use case was for a standalone app where new users may want to have some tip strips initially, but after getting some familiariry with the UI, may want to turn them off.

I'd like to offer this as an option for the main window, but indeed, it would make sense to turn it off globally in an executable...

GuenterMueller
Active Participant

My use case is exactly the same, just achieving this by the means of the Control Help Window:  Some of my applications come with the option to show or hide the Control Help Window.  Your idea would extend this option to also turn off/on Tip Strips.

Regrettably I cannot give another kudo 😉