LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hecmar.arreola

Add a "Make Current Values Default" option on some Dialog Boxes

Any idea that has received less than 3 kudos within 3 years after posting will be automatically declined.

There are some dialog boxes in LabVIEW that I think need to have a "set as defaults" option available.  As an example, there are a lot of form fields when building installers for my applications that need to always be the same (or almost always).  In particular the "Version Information" section:

Untitled picture.png

This is something that is rather minor.  However, as a day-to-day LabVIEW developers, filling these fields out over-and-over again has gotten old.  Thanks for your consideration.

3 Comments
PNR

I give a Kudos here because the current behavior is very annoying. However I would like to extend the Idea a bit: Let us create multiple templates which are selectable by a drop-down box. That way we would be able to create pre-configured sets which we just need to load then... I hope that makes sense.

hecmar.arreola
Active Participant

Thanks for the comment PNR.  I agree that there are a lot of ways the whole "build" process could be improved and a template system is an excellent idea.  That being said, I wrote this up thinking if I make it a really easy simple oh-gee-whiz kinda thing it might be implimented sooner :).

Darren
Proven Zealot
Status changed to: Declined

Any idea that has received less than 3 kudos within 3 years after posting will be automatically declined.