From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DonRoth

Add Option to Have/View X and Y (and Z) scales on Vision Images

Any idea that has received less than 5 kudos within 5 years after posting will be automatically declined.

Also need a multiplier property node for the scales as well.

Not sure why this would not have been done yet, and not sure why it took me 20 years to suggest it either.

Thanks,

Don

3 Comments
GregSands
Active Participant

If an image has calibration information, then there should be the option to either display the scale in pixels or in calibration units.  Setting an offset would be useful in that case.

Can you elaborate on why you need the multiplier property as well?

DonRoth
Active Participant

You said:

"If an image has calibration information, then there should be the option to either display the scale in pixels or in calibration units."

Agreed.  Then you would not need the multiplier property node because what you say above is equivalent. 

I mentioned the multiplier property node because I used that for intensity graphs.  The intensity graph was my preferred alternate image container to Vision image containers in many cases becauses of the fact that scales were not available on the Vision image containers.

Don

Darren
Proven Zealot
Status changed to: Declined

Any idea that has received less than 5 kudos within 5 years after posting will be automatically declined.