From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pie56694

Add Locking/Password to Options on a Virtual Folder in a Library

Any idea that has received less than 2 kudos within 2 years after posting will be automatically declined. 

Similar to specifying the Access Scope for multiple VIs in a library by grouping them in a Virtual Folder and setting the Access Scope of the folder, I'd like to specify locking or password protection for multiple VIs in a LabVIEW library by enabling that on the owning Virtual Folder. The dialog would be the same as if you were setting the Protection on the entire library from the Properties menu.

3 Comments
AristosQueue (NI)
NI Employee (retired)

Do you mind if I ask a moderator to change "protection" to "locking/password" in your idea title and text? Since "Protected" is one of the access scopes, I was really confused by your description.

Pie56694
Active Participant

Of course, thank you, that would be more clear.  In the VI/library property dialog that I currently use, it's in the "Protection" category.

2010-10-20_171455.png

Darren
Proven Zealot
Status changed to: Declined

Any idea that has received less than 2 kudos within 2 years after posting will be automatically declined.