LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JB

Add Copy/Paste to Quick Drop selection

Ctrl-X, Ctrl-C, and Ctrl-V shortcuts for cut/copy/paste do work in the Quick Drop text box as long as there are not custom keyboard shortcuts associated with those keys.

In some cases, it would be very useful to be able to copy and paste the text of the selection box.

QD Copy Paste.jpg

8 Comments
elset191
Active Participant

As someone who has set a shortcut as Ctrl-X (against Darren's recommendation for this very reason*), I object.

*There's documentation of that exchange somewhere on the internet, but I can' t find it.

--
Tim Elsey
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Darren
Proven Zealot

If you don't have custom shortcuts assigned to Ctrl-X, Ctrl-C, and Ctrl-V, then they will perform cut/copy/paste actions within the Quick Drop text box. So this functionality is already available. Am I misunderstanding your idea request?

JB
Trusted Enthusiast
Trusted Enthusiast

Thank you Darren. I have just noticed that Ctrl-C is used by the QD_CaseSelect plugin.

QD Ctrl-Key Shortcuts.jpg

Darren
Proven Zealot

Good deal. So is it ok with you if I close out this idea?

JB
Trusted Enthusiast
Trusted Enthusiast

Yes. Thank you for your clarification.

I installed this plugin only a few days ago and had never tried to copy/paste before !

Even this is not the best idea, can the default shortcut of a plugin be changed ?

crossrulz
Knight of NI

The default shortcut is actually derived from the VI Description of the plugin VI.  It is the key inside of the brackets.  Or you can just simply change from the default using that configuration window.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
JB
Trusted Enthusiast
Trusted Enthusiast

Instead of typing only the key, I tried to change the shortcut by typing the whole key combination. Therefore the Set button of the QD Configuration window remained greyed out.

Many thanks for helping me to become a little less stupid !

Darren
Proven Zealot
Status changed to: Already Implemented

Ctrl-X, Ctrl-C, and Ctrl-V shortcuts for cut/copy/paste do work in the Quick Drop text box as long as there are not custom keyboard shortcuts associated with those keys.