From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW FPGA Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CS. Hara

Procedure of Downloading Bitfile to EtherCAT

When LabVIEW 2009 and prior, after the compilation of FPGA VI, the bitfile was automatically downloaded to EtherCAT. However, from 2010, that process became manual; after the compilation, you need to go under the Build Specification, right click on the bitfile created, and select Download. Regular cRIO does it automatically, and I don't see the point of manually downloading it.

Does anyone know the point of doing this? And if it was not intended, I like auto download a lot better. But at the same time, 2009 and prior, the bitfiles were not shown under the build specification, which bothers me also. So the conclusion is that, I think it will be better to show the bitfile under the Build Speficcation AND download it automatically to EtherCAT.

1 Comment
CS. Hara
NI Employee (retired)

Basically, I suggest that customers could change the settings between auto and manual, for some the extra steps are just useless extra steps.