From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW FPGA Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dude_Man

Exportability

Please give Labview FPGA the ability to program any FPGA.
8 Comments
muks
Proven Zealot
It is definetly not a simple one but ideally i would like to do that too....
Dragis
Active Participant

dude_man, could you elaborate on your topic a little? being able to target any random fpga device from any vendor on any custom hardware target is a much harder solution than being able to target one specific device family on one custom board using one protocol (e.g. jtag, pci bus, etc.). 

i'd be interested to know more about what configurations folks from this forum would be interested in labview fpga supporting.

Dude_Man
I am an analog guy and I don't know much about digitalI would like to learn and apply some digital, but would only be willing to do so if I could program it in labviewI have looked at VHDL and the language looks ridiculousI do not want to be limited  to some pre-made FPGA boardI would like to be able  to program an FPGA that I decide to build on one of my on CCAs.
jiangliang
It's would be a great thing if NI does that, at least support Xilinx family FPGA should not be a huge problem for them, I assume.
Terry_ALE
Active Participant

Maybe the LabVIEW FPGA module could eventually be opened up the same way the NI LabVIEW Microprocessor SDK opens LabVIEW up.

Certified LabVIEW Architect, Certified Professional Instructor
ALE Consultants

Introduction to LabVIEW FPGA for RF, Radar, and Electronic Warfare Applications
Vincent_Claes

This would be a great feature, but for me if we can program every Xilinx FPGA would be great!

- a tool to import I/O by "import UCF button" file

- generate bitfile...

- physical mapping tool on Xilinx FPGA's (by use of PlanAhead?)

ErnieH
Active Participant

A lot of times I need to test a board from the internal FPGA out or reprogram the FPGA to do some testing. Being able to program it in LabVIEW would be useful.

R6

This is critical for third parties to develop apps using LabVIEW on their own hardware....