LabVIEW FPGA Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
0 Kudos
Daviddevits

Drivers for the Atlys Spartan 6 board

It would be nice if we could use the Atlys board with the FPGA module. As far as i see not alot FPGA boards are suported besides the RIO FPGA boards. (only spartan3e xup) Since these are outdated could drivers be developped for some low cost none NI board ? Preferably the Altys ?

3 Comments
brooksprumo
NI Employee (retired)

While not a direct answer to your question, I'd like to mention that NI does have newer LabVIEW FPGA targets.  NI FlexRIO uses Virtex 5 FPGAs, and the VST uses a Virtex 6 FPGA.  If you're just looking for larger/newer FPGAs, those products may meet your requirements.

BradM
Active Participant

Daviddevits,

The primary issue that we'd have to contend with is the fact of the matter that there are a lot of FPGA boards targeted at academics and it's difficult to pick one to support that meets all of the curriculums that professors may have. Also, the effort to actually create an installer and do testing is non-trivial, multiply that by each new board and you can see the challenge.

Couple that with the fact that NI doesn't see any notable revenue from this support and it's easy to see why NI is reticent to support every non-NI FPGA board out there

Daviddevits

Hi,

Thank you for the answers.

I completely understand that its not possible to support evry FPGA board.

I just thought would be nice if there was support for a low cost up to date fpga board.

Or would it be possible to provide some NI sdk so we could add support ourself for none NI Fpga's ?

NI might not benefit from the non ni fpga sales but it does benefit from Labview sales.