From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW FPGA Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
0 Kudos
peterhalswell

Data logger with NO RT controller, using 9802 SD card module

Dear All, 

I am attempting to write some FPGA code, for a cRIO 9074, to act as a data logger for 50 sensors that I am fitting to a small lifeboat. I hope to save all the data to the 9802 SD card module. From my understanding, it should be possible to take the sensor input signals into the FPGA chip, compile them into an interleaved data group and then output them straight on to the SD card from the FPGA. This means there is no RT controller required; making the system more reliable and quicker. Is this correct? Or is my knowledge wrong?

I have tried to look for some example of this on the web but I am struggling to find any which do NOT use a RT control. Can anyone point me in the direction of some examples?

Few extra details: Sampling frequency  = aiming for 10 KHz (will be reduce if system cannot handle it), Input modules include; 9236 strain gauges, 9234 accelerometers, 9205 analogue voltage inputs, anymore questions fire away. 

Thanks in advance!

Pete

2 Comments
crossrulz
Knight of NI

I think you are on the wrong board.  This board is the Idea Exchange, where people post ideas for making LabVIEW FPGA better.  Coding problems should be posted in the LabVIEW board found here:http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/bd-p/170

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
peterhalswell

Ok, thank you. I have re-posted it on the LabView board. I was not sure whether this is a new idea because I cannot find any examples using this method.

Cheers Pete