From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW FPGA Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
--thatguy

Compiles Started over a VPN

If I kick off a compile behind my VPN I can't re-connect to the compile when I get back to the office (different IPs?).   I know this isn't a typical use case, but when compiles times or queues are long I kind of have to work around the compiler's schedule (and occasionally work from home). 

3 Comments
mattjsimps

I disagree that this isnt a typical use case. 

And the same problem exists when you just plug into a different network - even if the compile server is running locally.

It seems that something doesnt understand the concept of "localhost" 🙂 

Stu_E

Completely agree, this is a very common use case for me.  I want to log in and check on a compile or reconnect to it later from home.  For me when I tried to display the compilation results it restarted the compile.   uuughhh.

AndyBrown

I suffered from this same issue but I think now I've gotten a handle on what I think the right procedure should be (or at least something that works for me).  If you disconnect and later want to reconnect (regardless of changing from ON/OFF the VPN) perform the following:

1. Right mouse click on build specification and select "Display Compilation Results"
  2. In the Compilation Result Window, right mouse click on the desired compilation and click "Reconnect to Compilation"

Even if the Compilation Results window is open and you right mouse click on the build specification on the project and select reconnect to compilation it will possibly restart the compilation.  I think this is a bug but I've been told it is expected behavior.  The good news is if you do the reconnection from the compilation window it doesn't really have access to your project so there is no way for it to restart.  Be careful, once you've reconnected the wrong way, there is no way to recover, regardless of how fast you cancel.

Systems Engineering - National Instruments