From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW FPGA Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
J_Bangasser

Be able to programmatically compile FPGA code

We can programmatically mass compile VI's and build executables but there is no easy method to compiling FPGA code.  We have a large application that consists of C++ and LabVIEW code.  We have automated our build process but we still have to compile the FPGA code using a procedure.  It would be nice to write a script or a VI that would compile all of our FGPA code.
6 Comments
srm@viewpointusa.com
Active Participant

I agree.

There should be a way to interactively perform a "build all" so that I can take my multi-target project and start a compile overnight to rebuild all targets.

Stu
pnouvel

I agree

In addition, It would be very usefull to have a documented access to the CDR of the VI that are used to launch the compilation :

C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2015\vi.lib\rvi\CDR

Cordialement / Regards

Patrice NOUVEL
Project Leader
CLD
nkraemer

I agree. It would also be nice to be able to launch post-build scripts or VIs as well

Gryffin

Hello,

I attach a VI which I originally found on the forums which has saved me so much time!

It allows for the mass compilation of FPGA bitfiles for different targets.

I have slightly improved the original version by cleaning up the front panel, error wiring, and reference closing which massively cut down on RAM usage and # of windows open.

I hope that it saves you as much time as it has saved me. I wish I could give credit to the original author.

https://forums.ni.com/ni/attachments/ni/170/1234463/1/BuildFPGAs.vi

J_Bangasser

Any chance you can compile your BuildFPGA.vi in an order version of LabVIEW?  I am using LabVIEW 2020.

Thanks!

Gryffin