LabVIEW FPGA Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Brian_R

Auto-Migrate to New RIO Target

I just manually transferred a fairly large LabVIEW FPGA project from one target to another (7965R to 7966R).  It would be nice to be able to click on the RIO target in the project and have an option to "Migrate to New FPGA Target" in the context menu.  The menu would open a new dialog where you could select the new RIO target and then it is automatically added to the project and populated the VIs, FIFOs, derived clocks, memory blocks, etc. from the original target.  The user can choose whether or not to delete the original RIO target.

This would also make it very easy for users to transfer sample code from the LabVIEW Example Finder to the correct FPGA target (insead of having the folder labeled "Move These Files").

4 Comments
BrianKincaid

This is a huge problem for us.  We have multiple targets running the same base code.  Right now we must use multiple FPGA projects for no reason.

-Brian

xl600
Active Participant

I have a PXIe chassis with multiple 7966 modules (Multiple cameras). FPGA definitions (Memories, clocks, etc) should be able to be moved and copied to other compatible targets without having to manually redefine anything!  FPGA targets should also be able to be symlinked so that identical targets can exist in the same project.

MathieuSteiner
Active Participant

This actually happens to be an issue for me as well

Please provide such a mechanism

vitoi
Active Participant

We have switched over to a new cRIO platform, but still have several of the old. Need to keep two sets alive and need to copy and past across whenever a change is required.

This is not so much a feature as an essential part of the development environment.

Hope that this is being worked on as we speak.