From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW FPGA Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dragis

Allow Cluster and Array Transfer Types for DMA Streams

Many data streams contain information for multiple channels or multiple samples. Today one must pack this data into larger integer types or interleave the data manually into multiple writes to the DMA FIFO API. It would be much simpler if the DMA natively support cluster and array data types. The local FIFO, Memory, and Register APIs already support this; extend it to DMA.

6 Comments
JHE

Classes too 🙂

Dragis
Active Participant

I was hoping someone would mention classes, but as one of the implementors of classes I thought I better not butt in and let someone else throw it out there : )

Southern_Cross
Those developing algorithms with parameters determined on the RT system yet implemented/executed on the FPGA will benefit a great deal from this feature!
lt_kurki

Still expecting this feature to appear some day (it's not present in LV2016). Smiley Indifferent

Jeff_Giacone

I've been looking for the same functionality, would make coding much easier and understandable to the reviewers. In addition, it would be a 1to1 interpolation between FPGA and S/W. hopefully we'll see it at NI week this year, 2017

RavensFan
Knight of NI

If you like the idea, then you should Kudo it!  Click on the star button to the left of its title.  The number of votes is one of the factors that determines whether NI feels it is worth pursing an idea.