LabVIEW Embedded

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lm3s8962 usb hangs

Hi all,

I have been using the LM3S8962 board with LV for ARM for several months with no problems until recently.

Now, when I try to run a program, it builds, erases, and programs fine, but will not run.  The message I get is:

[2:22:58 PM] Status: Error
UVSC Internal Error
UVSC Internal Error
UVSC Internal Error
UVSC Internal Error
UVSC Internal Error

Detail: [UVSC_PRJ_SET_DEBUG_TARGET, MSG: 0x0, STATUS: 0x1] (1)

If I unplug the USB and plug it back in, I can now run the program.  This is a consistent problem.  It seems to hang when Keil wants the USB port.

I turned off all power saving features in Win7 because it can turn off USB ports to save energy, but that didn't help.  I also reinstalled the Stellaris USB drivers and LV for ARM.  No change.

Any ideas???

-Mike

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(6,793 Views)

Hi Mike,

Are you able to run one of the shipping examples on the board? If you are able to run one of the examples try copying and pasting your code into a new project and deploy from the new project. 

Cheers,

<Brian A | Applications Engineering | National Instruments> 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(6,790 Views)

Hi Brian,

Actually, I cannot use the example projects as their target (EK-LM3S8962) is set up to use the ULINK device.  We have a customized target version (EK-LM3S8962 USB from NI) that only uses the USB port for programming and debugging.  I did try going into Keil in the Blinky example project and changing the "flash download" options to Stellaris ICDI from ULINK, but the program hangs at "starting target".  If I unplug the USB cable on the example Blinky project, the message is "could not find device in JTAG chain", yet if I leave it plugged in, it times out.

It must just be my laptop.  I have tried two boards with no luck, yet they work fine on two different desktop computers.

Thanks for the response.

Mike W.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(6,784 Views)

Hi Mike, 

Since the boards work with other computers it does sound like the problem is something with the computer. Have you tried copy and pasting your program into a new project? Also try using different USB ports on the laptop if you haven't already. 

Cheers,

<Brian A | Applications Engineering | National Instruments> 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(6,766 Views)

Hello Brian,

Thanks for the suggestions.  I have tried all four USB ports, made new projects and copied in code, everything I can think of, but same results.  It is just very odd.  My only belief now is our IT people have installed something that is running in the background and interfering with the program or the ports.  I'll try turning off all running processes one by one and see if I can pin it down.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(6,764 Views)

could you solve the problem? to me it is the same on my notebook, but my pc is working properly. regards

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(6,576 Views)

Hello, it is possible that the problem is that the examples of Labview are designed for download with KEIL ULINK2 recorder, if this happens it is best to start the project again and select which target the LM3S8962 microcontroller USB, making this the program will compile and unload using the USB port

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(6,024 Views)