Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lm3s8962 ping labview-tcp error?

LM3S8962_TCP error.png
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(8,278 Views)
Have the same problem. I am new to NI forums , just started with Labview and Arm.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(8,212 Views)

So what was the source of such behaviour?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(7,945 Views)

Re-read this post, currently no solution, ping labview-tcp no data is returned, the cable is good; also do not communicate through a router.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(7,602 Views)

try:

ping "labview-tcp"

no slashes (/)

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(7,526 Views)

I had the same problem and now it's fixed.

The default complier options are to use a DHCP server. I suspect you do not have a DHCP server.

You can go to the compiler options and change the option to use a DHCP server and assign an IP address. This way you will have an IP address to use for the example program. (You will still not be able to ping "labview-tcp" as I suspect this name translation is soemthign also done by the DHCP server (or similar)).

Message 6 of 11
(7,502 Views)

also had problems to communicate between the card and the computer, I could rectify it by accessing the Project Connection prodiedades placing a static IP address

1.png

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(7,266 Views)

This procedure wishes to Ethernet data transmission between ARM LM3S8962 evaluation board and a computer, this process began when a client connection to the microcontroller, the server started generating random data and send to the client program (for this illustrative example only have paired with a client), if the client program disconnects or lost the link, the transmission stops and the microcontroller stay pending a new connection, as in previous demonstrations employ two routines the first is responsible for the generation of messages on the screen of the card and the second Ethernet communication, more https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-35105

3.png

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(6,711 Views)

Thanks for this.Smiley Happy

Also following thread is useful: http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Why-isn-t-DHCP-working-on-my-ARM-application/td-p/1502728

Here are some snaps to make it more clear. ( These are also there in above thread.) 

Regards,

Bhaumik

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(6,608 Views)

Bhaumikdarji escribió:

Thanks for this.Smiley Happy

Also following thread is useful: http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Why-isn-t-DHCP-working-on-my-ARM-application/td-p/1502728

Here are some snaps to make it more clear. ( These are also there in above thread.) 

Regards,

Bhaumik

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

interesting, but the question is for a specific target LM3S8962, the answers are generic to a ARM microcontroller?

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(6,603 Views)