LabVIEW Embedded

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

did any body success to toggel Port0 and Port1 on MCB2300 board using LV for ARM?

Solved!
Go to solution

I am trying to toggel the GPIO (Port0, Port1) on MCB2300 evaluation kit with LPC2378 uController on board using LV8.6. these two ports seems to dont have any programmable functionalities using LV. Ports 2, 3 and Port4 are working good. If any body got these two ports in working, so it will be great if you could post a functional LV or C code here in the forum.

I will be thankful for any suggestions or tips.

Greetings

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(6,169 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Amd1480

Hello AMD,

I posted the solution to this elsewhere (though I admit it's not easy to find).

Here you go:  http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=420&message.id=1185#M1185

In that post I refer to changing the template project for the generic lpc2378 target.  If you are using the MCB2300 target (as it seems you are) then you will need to open the project at C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 8.6\Targets\Keil\Embedded\RealView\MCB2300\Template\Project\LabVIEW.uv2

The side effect to this change is that the LCD on the MCB2300 will no longer work (as it toggles the slow/legacy GPIO registers).  So you can either revert the above change or change the register addresses in the LCD driver to point to the fast GPIO registers.

This issue should be fixed in the next version of LabVIEW for ARM.

good luck

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(6,164 Views)

Thank you very much Gmg for this excellent answer.

This modification makes also a +ve affect on the I2C port0.

Where I had/have also a problem to communicate with a slave device using I2C. After this modification the I2C-CLK works, but I still getting no communication to my slave device. I think the problem is now how shall I use the I2C VIs shipped with LV for ARM embedded?

I have posted this question here: http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&message.id=370126&jump=true#M370126

so if you could answer me PLZ post your answer there. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(6,140 Views)