LabVIEW Embedded

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TCP Problem using LM3S8962

Hello, I'm facing some problems when trying to establish TCP connection between LM3S8962 board and PC. I've tried TCP example and my own projects. Result is the same: code is compiled and verifed, and target is running (also uVision is licenced and RL-ARM is there) but:

1) I can't ping target

2) Program isn't executed after Create TCP listener

I'm using LVE 2009

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(7,636 Views)

Hi Crowbar,

Does the Create TCP Listener time out? Or does it just not move passed that step? Also, do you see the same issue when using the Server and the Client on the ARM?

Will
CLA, CLED, CTD, CPI
LabVIEW Champion
Choose Movement Consulting
choose-mc.com
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(7,624 Views)

No it doesn't time out it just stands still on TCP create listener. Using server and client examples leades to the same result.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(7,609 Views)

Hi crowbar,

I have confirmed that the example does work successfully, so I believe this is most likely a network issue. How do you have the ARM connected to your computer? Is it sent through a router? Is the computer statically assigned?

My recommendation:

1) Configure host PC for DHCP and connect to a router

2) Connect LM3S8962 board to PC via USB & to router via ethernet cable

3) Run TCP Data Server - ARM.vi on the ARM target

4) Ping labview-tcp from the Command Prompt to get the IP address

5) If ping is successful, run TCP Data Client - PC.vi on the host 

Will
CLA, CLED, CTD, CPI
LabVIEW Champion
choose-mc.com
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(7,599 Views)

But does create listener require physical network connection to be established (if we consider the problem is with network connection)?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(7,593 Views)

In order to form the connection, a physical network connection between the two communicating devices must be made. If you aren't using a router, try both a crossover and straight-through cable to see if that makes a difference.

Will
CLA, CLED, CTD, CPI
LabVIEW Champion
choose-mc.com
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(7,568 Views)

also had problems to communicate between the card and the computer, I could rectify it by accessing the project connection prodiedades placing a static IP address

1.png

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(6,830 Views)

This procedure wishes to Ethernet data transmission between ARM LM3S8962 evaluation board and a computer, this process began when a client connection to the microcontroller, the server started generating random data and send to the client program (for this illustrative example only have paired with a client), if the client program disconnects or lost the link, the transmission stops and the microcontroller stay pending a new connection, as in previous demonstrations employ two routines the first is responsible for the generation of messages on the screen of the card and the second Ethernet communication, more https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-35105

3.png

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(6,309 Views)