From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW Embedded

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Read/write data using i2c/spi protocol

Hi everyone,

I am trying to read/write data from rtc ds1307 using i2c protocol but i am unable to read or write data.Here i am posting my code.I have tried both the codes but none of them are working.Can anyone please guide me?

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(6,724 Views)

Hi, habibi

try to use a delay of about 5 ms

45564.jpg 

Now explain what is what:

1 -. address of the location at which to begin writing data.
2 -. directly to the data itself. we find that the F7 is written in a cell with address 0, F0 in a cell with address 1, F8 is written in the cell with address 2, etc.
3 -. address of the location at which to begin reading data.
4 -. number of cells that must be read
pursuant to paragraph 3 and 4 we read 2,3,4,5,6,7,8 cell
5 -. a slave address of your device (in this case, the memory chips). on page 5 of the above datasheet this address is given: 1010hhh (where x - depending on how you connect the memory. I 0). Then this is the address: 1010000, if translated into a 16-SS get 50.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(6,721 Views)

Hi,

I am trying to do the same thing also, but the data read is always 255 (which is the default value i think?). What should i actually connect to the "write data" port? an array? or other things?

Best Regards,

Kent

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(6,217 Views)