LabVIEW Embedded

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting errors and LabView with ARM project won't compile

Hello there, I am currently turning to make a project run on a STM32f103C8 chip using LabView with ARM. I am currently trying to compile a ARM project but I have no been successful.

I have tried using the STM32F10x template uploaded by Joshua, and it tries to compile. At first I was getting the "stm32f10x_tim1.c" file missing error, but that was solved by downloading the file from firmware v1 and adding it to the includes folder. but now i am getting a new error saying "profile_timer.h" is missing.

I am using:

Windows 7

LabView 2010 evaluation

NI ARM module

and I am trying to compile a empty project

Here is the error code message, any hepl will be useful, thanks:

[12:39:37 PM] Status: Error
Build target 'LabVIEW'
compiling RTX_Config.c...
F:\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2010\CCodeGen\include\os\rtx\LVDefs_plat.h(17): error:  #5: cannot open source input file "profile_timer.h": No such file or directory
compiling Retarget.c...
F:\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2010\CCodeGen\include\os\rtx\LVDefs_plat.h(17): error:  #5: cannot open source input file "profile_timer.h": No such file or directory
compiling TargetInit.c...
compiling ARM_Serial.c...

compiling LVTree.c...
compiling Pict.c...
compiling arrresize.c...
F:\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2010\CCodeGen\analysis\development\include\platdefines.h(321): error:  #35: #error directive:
Target not created

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(7,953 Views)

Hello,

Are you refering to the port that Josh posted here?  I found a couple of "profile_timer.h" files on my system associated with other targets.

profile.png

You could try modifying one of these. 

Also have you tried compiling a project with one of the supplied targets?  Do these work for you or do they give you an error as well?

Justin Parker
National Instruments
Product Support Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(7,946 Views)

yes, sorry, i meant to paste the link, i even had the post highlighted

I'll give that a go right now

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(7,941 Views)

blank projects using other included boards seem to compile fine

and i have added a mock "profile_timer" to the keil library (just as a quick fix) and it seems to have stopped a lot of the errors, however i am still getting a few

these seem to be:

compiling CCGDatalogSupport.c...
F:\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2010\CCodeGen\libsrc\comms\CCGDatalogSupport.c(23): error:  #5: cannot open source input file "CCGFileSupportPriv.h": No such file or directory
compiling CCGFileSupport.c...
F:\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2010\CCodeGen\libsrc\comms\CCGFileSupport.c(22): error:  #5: cannot open source input file "CCGFileSupportPriv.h": No such file or directory
compiling CCGFileSupport2.c...
F:\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2010\CCodeGen\libsrc\comms\CCGFileSupport2.c(22): error:  #5: cannot open source input file "CCGFileSupportPriv.h": No such file or directory
compiling CCGIrDASupport.c...
compiling CCGNetConnRefNum.c...
compiling CCGSerial.c...

compiling LVTree.c...
compiling Pict.c...
compiling arrresize.c...
F:\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2010\CCodeGen\analysis\development\include\platdefines.h(321): error:  #35: #error directive:
Target not created

i'll see if i can find a file for the ccgfilesupportpriv.h but the error directive worries me a bit

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(7,936 Views)

Hi,

I just ran into the same issue.

When looking inside CCGDatalogSupport.c for instance, it appears that it will only include if the __RTX symbol is undefined.

#ifndef __RTX
#include "CCGFileSupportPriv.h"
#endif

It turns out that when I opened the Template\Project\LabVIEW.uvproj in Keil uVision4 to change the target type, it decided to change mOS to 0.  I simply changed it back to 1 with a text editor and everything builds just fine now.

<mOS>1</mOS>

Hope that helps,

-Joe

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(7,908 Views)

Hi,

I just recently installed Labview embedded 2011 and tried to run the Blinky example for my LM328962 board - When compiling I get also th message :

..\Include\profile_timer.h(4): error: #5: cannot open source input file "hw_memmap.h": No such file or directory

I searched through the whole filesystems (Labview embedded 2010 was never installed !) and could't find any profile_timer.h file.

What to do ? 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(7,844 Views)

O.K. - the problem could be solved by adding the include path : C:\Keil\ARM\RV31\LIB\Luminary

Anyway this failure message remains :

[10:58:29] Status: Error
Build target 'LabVIEW'
compiling RTX_Config.c...
C:\Keil\ARM\RV31\INC\RTX_lib.c(183): error: #29: expected an expression
compiling File_Config.c...

What to do ? 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(7,843 Views)

any news - quite poor that basic examples don't work ...

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(7,821 Views)

i know..... I've kind of gotten off on using Labview

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(7,817 Views)

you can comment out the define in RTX_Config.c

row 102 : 

#define __RTA_RTX_CONFIG

I never use the Real Time Agent (RTA)

It's if you want to "see" indicators live when debugging/running your device.

I use the UART if I want to see something (or debug in KEIL uVision)

Wouter.
"LabVIEW for ARM guru and bug destroyer"
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(7,606 Views)