LabVIEW Embedded

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enable UART 2/3 on LPC2378

I get an error on the error code output of the Serial Port Init.vi.  Error = 4294967295, which doesn't seem to mean anything, as I can't look it up from the Explain Error, as 4294967295 is a U32 and is larger than the max possible error cluster code (because the error cluster code is an I32)
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 16
(5,254 Views)

hello frosturi

This error code is actually a (-1) being cast into a U32.  If you look in ARM_Serial.c, this error is generated with the port is out of range of SER_MINPORT and SER_MAXPORT.

This leads me to believe that perhaps you did not change the SER_MAXPORT value is you thought you did.  Which file did you change (including the full filepath)??  ARM_Serial.c happens to be a file that is coped from the LabVIEW directory to your project directory every time a new project is created.  Thus, if you modified the version in the LabVIEW directory but did not create a new project directory, this file would not be copied over and the project would use the older non-modified version.  Alternately, if you modified the version in your project directory and DID create another project, this change would be lost as version in the LabVIEW directory would be copied over and used (rather than your modified version).

The above issue applies to any source file that is under the 'Target Drivers' directory (in Microvision project explorer).

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 16
(5,248 Views)

I have installed  embedded module toolkit for ARM Microcontroller in LabVIEW version 2012. In that i was unable to find serial VISA function only SPI and I2C functions are available. So please help me how to access UART 0 since Serial VISA Function was not available.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 16
(4,467 Views)

Hello Seed_number,

Thank you for posting to the forum. Generally, we recommend that new questions posted in new discussion threads, as it helps keep these different conversations focused on one topic.

LabVIEW for Embedded does not support VISA functions, but you can find a list of the available functions in the following Help file:

“LabVIEW Help: Embedded Module for ARM Microcontrollers VIs and Functions”

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/372459E-01/TOC18.htm

For working with serial communication VIs, I recommend using the Serial Compatibility VIs:

“LabVIEW Help: Serial Compatibility VIs”

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/372459E-01/embserial/emb_serialcomp_palette/

Best Regards,

Cameron
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 16
(4,456 Views)

Sir thanks for your reply. Will u please send me the example file for serial write and serial read using serial compatibility functions in MCB2300 board

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 16
(4,446 Views)

Hello seed_number,

I would recommend looking through Basic Serial Write and Read.vi example program that is added to the NI Example Finder if you have NI-VISA installed on your computer. To find these examples, please make sure you have VISA installed and then navigate to Help»Find Examples… in LabVIEW.

Once you have an understanding of how to work with a serial resource programmatically, creating a VI using the Serial Compatibility VIs (http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/372459E-01/embserial/emb_serialcomp_palette/) should be relatively straightforward.

All the best,

Cameron
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 16
(4,421 Views)