cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compiler error/bug "PDACluster..."

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi everybody,

I've encountered a strange compiler error when I tried to build the following program for the LM3S1968 target (ARM MCU).

If I try to compile this:

I'll get this error:

Build target 'LabVIEW'
compiling RTX_Config.c...
compiling RLARM_CCGTcpUdpSupport.c...
compiling RLARM_CCGNetConnSupport.c...
compiling RLARM_LVNetworkVarSupport.c...
compiling RLARM_CAN_Wrapper.c...
linking...
.\Obj\LabVIEW.axf: Error: L6218E: Undefined symbol PDAClusterFree (referred from lvring.o).
.\Obj\LabVIEW.axf: Error: L6218E: Undefined symbol PDAClusterGetElemByPos (referred from lvring.o).
.\Obj\LabVIEW.axf: Error: L6218E: Undefined symbol PDAClusterSetElemByPos (referred from lvring.o).
Target not created

Anybody got an idea what causes this? I don't use any special vi's, just the standard tools. Thanks in advance.

Paul

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(7,086 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Perreijn

Hi Paul,

This is a known issues with ring controls and should be fixed in the next version.  The proper functions are not being defined when they should.

As a workaround, simply drop an error control in your VI and the problem should go away.

Message Edited by Gmg on 01-28-2009 04:26 PM
Message Edited by Gmg on 01-28-2009 04:27 PM
Message 2 of 4
(7,072 Views)

Hi Gmg,

Thanks for your reply. I did some testing and the ring controls are indeed to blame. Workaround is easy, but I'm glad the bug's about to be fixed.

Cheers,

Paul

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(7,056 Views)

This solution also fixes a compile problem when trying to use CAN on the MCB2400 dev board using LabVIEW 8.6 and ARM 1.1 Embedded. 

For whatever reason, CAN works fine on the MCB2300 without this work around. 

Thanks GMG! 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(6,797 Views)