cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ARM Comm with SPI

Solved!
Go to solution

This is what I have created so far.  

1st Frame to configure it, I have included the specs on the SPI Comm details below, directly from the User's guide on the device.

2nd Frame:  Drop the pin to low to initiate SPI Communication. (I found this from another answer on the forum)

3rd Frame:  Simultaneously Read/ and Write an "H" in hex ascii = 48 to the device

4th Frame: Wait, at least 50 microseconds,

5th Frame:  Read two bytes response

6th Frame: Raise CS pin to end communication

7th Frame: Finish and terminate

My problem lies in the communication aspects, I cannot make the two things talk to each other.  I am in some serious need of help and am facing some deadlines, any help will be greatly appreciated.  As far as data conversion to usable numbers I can manage but I just need it to talk.  Please Help

ADCSn.PNG

HMR Manual.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(6,893 Views)
Shame on Honeywell for making a mixture and declaring it as SPI.
First issue: disconnect the SCK, and let's hope none get burned (microcontroller or your device).

In LabVIEW the SPI VIs are configured to work as master only (line 208 in ARM_SPI.c). That's it, usually the host/microcontroller is the master and devices are slaves.
However, you can still make the connection, but it is not an easier task.
Message 2 of 7
(6,866 Views)

Tilgath,

So are you getting any errors during build or run time?  What board are you communicating from? Do you see anything being transmitted out (your h value)?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(6,864 Views)

The Device has yet to successfully run. With the new changes I just made I included a counter for the interations so I could see if it was making it through any of them.  But its not doing anything.  I dont get an error, but the processor status says it "Stopped at 0x00000039A"  Still no luck

Thanks 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(6,862 Views)
Sorry I's using the EK-LM3S8962 Luminary Micro Board.  I have the CS pin from the Compass connected to PHA0 for the GPIO_Out_C4 pin in the code and the RX and TX to their Respective SSIpins on the board.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(6,861 Views)

The problem is in hardware:
- the microcontroller is configured as a SPI master which means it is driving SCK, SS and MOSI.
- but the Honeywell thing is driving SCK as well!!!

Do you need the OLED display in your application?

Message 6 of 7
(6,852 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Tilgath

Funny you should mention the OLED I have been talking to a couple of the application engineers during this feed and I have decided to give up on the SPI, which I thought would be easier, and am going to use UART instead.  Mostly because the OLED and the MicroSD card problem.  So im going back to square one, thanks to the both of you.  I call it solved!

-Joel 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(6,849 Views)