From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW Electrical Power Toolkit

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

measuring power and current

Hi,

I have a Crio 9022 and the NI 9227 and NI 9225.  I have Labview Development version, I do not have the FPGA nor the Electrical Power Suite.  Can I still measure power from my system? 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(5,570 Views)

Hi,

If you want to utilize 9225/9227 to acquire the signals, you must insert them into one cRIO or cDAQ chassis. If you have only one 9022 controller, I am afraid you cannot use the 9225/9227.  So firstly, you need to setup a full set of cRIO system.

For simple power measurement, the FPGA-based processing is not required. You could install Eletrical Power Suite (base version), and there is a palette "Basic Measurement". It is free and doesn't depend on FPGA. It includes the basic measurement VI for power (active power, inactive power, etc).

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(5,562 Views)
Hi,

You can use a single 9022 since it should have a4 or 8 slot chassis.

You will need some level of FPGA since you need to capture the data as waveforms and the scan engine will but be fast enough.

Cheers,
James
James Mc
========
CLA and cRIO Fanatic
My writings on LabVIEW Development are at devs.wiresmithtech.com
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(5,552 Views)