Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

electrical power suite zero crossing

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I am usign zero crossing.vi to measure 1/2 RMS and frequency,

besides that, i need an extra output that provides a logical output for every zero crossings.

maybe this is quite easy but i am not good at labview.

waiting for your help. 🙂

thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(8,741 Views)
What do you need to do with it?

If you look at the output odd the zero crossing you will see that it actually interpolate where it is between samples do there is no one samples that it can flag. You could round this up or down get this though
James Mc
========
CLA and cRIO Fanatic
My writings on LabVIEW Development are at devs.wiresmithtech.com
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(8,624 Views)

Thank you
and i am sorry...
It has been long time since my last post. I could not study becouse of my health problems.
The attached file is my sample project and it includes the zerocrossing.vi
My teacher have asked me to built a vi which shows every zero crossing as a digital 1/0 output. Also the number of the crossings per one second.
How can i do that.
output of the "Zero crossing.vi" is a sawtooth wave which enters to "Frequency.vi".
how this block calculates the frequency?

thaks for your help

best regards

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(8,205 Views)

Hi
I have two 9225 and two 9227. I can measure three phase the voltage and the current of one point with one 9225-9227 pair by using labview sample project.

I have attached the project file. However, I need a second 3 phase measeure point in order to improve my project for my thesis.
How can I modify the FPGA VI and Realtime.VI?

Also, do you have an idea about 180 degree phase shifted pwm? 

best regards

My hardware:

cRIO-9024 and cRIO-9118 chassis

ni-9223, ni-9263, ni-9401, ni-9474

two ni-9225 and ni-9227

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(8,202 Views)
Solution
Accepted by m2b

The zero crossings output by Zero Crossing.vi are the zero crossing positions as the index of the samples in the input waveforms block. You can convert the zero crossing index to zero crossing time by multiplying the dt of the waveform. Then you could generate the digital 1/0 output based on the zero crossing time and calculate the number of crossings per second.

The frequency is calculated based on the zero crossings because the period (1/frequency) of a sinusoidal signal could be determined from every two zero crossings time.

Message 5 of 7
(8,191 Views)
Solution
Accepted by m2b

Please refer to the Multiple Line Power Quality Applications example if you need to perform PQ analysis on power system of multiple bus/line.

You can find the example project at: 

C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2015\examples\Electrical Power\Power Quality\Multiple Line Applications (cRIO) (Delta-Sigma)

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(8,189 Views)

hi 

thank you for your help.
the multipoint sample is working. I have changed the frequency from 60 hz to 50hz but the measured the voltage level is twiced when compared with the real.
The origal version of the sample is for 110 volt 60Hz. I have divided the voltage wave value in two. how can I get rid of this wrong values?

after I have asked of you the question, I have found this.

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW-Electrical-Power-Suite/Wrong-Voltage-Values-using-NI-9225-and-ELectr...

best regards;

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(8,099 Views)