cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong Voltage Values using NI 9225 and ELectrical Power Suite 2014

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi all,

I'm having some problems regarding the use of a NI 9225 analog voltage card with the exaple code Power Quality Applications (cRIO) (Delta-Sigma) of the Electrical Power Suite 2014. Running the example code I get wrong voltage values, they are exactly doubled! For exaple with an input of 230 V RMS i get 460 V RMS. I think the problem is the module, because by default the example code expects to use a NI 9242 module. Before updating to LabView 2014 everything worked perfectly with EPS 2013. Am I missung something? I configured the C module in the project manager in the same way i used with EPS 2013. Anyone can help me? Thank you

Gianluca

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(8,753 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Hokorashii

Hi Gianluca,

If you use other types of modules than that in the example, you should take care of the precision conversion in the FGPA VI.

Because FGPA resampling VI takes signal of type fixed point +-24,1, you convert the +-24,10 and +-24,5 to 24.1 in the Data Acquisition Loop before feeding them to FPGA resampling VI.

And in the Data Communication Loop, you restore the signal out from +-32,3 to +-32,12 and +-32,7. Notice the times the zooming in and zooming out are equal.

If you change to other types of modules of different precision, you must modify the precision of the data wire. 

For example, 9244's precision is +-24.11, so when you convert it to +-24,1, you must restore it by zooming from +-32,3 to +-32,13. 

Please refer to the screenshot:

EPS_moduleChange.png

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(8,720 Views)

Can any one please explain me how to set Sample time in Energy block.
kindly attach .vi file calculating energy from simple simulated sine wave.

It will be great favour 

Thakin you in anticipation

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(6,667 Views)

Please don't spam the forums by resurrecting multiple old threads and asking the same question.

continue with the post here http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW-Electrical-Power-Suite/Re-Electrical-power-energy-auditing/td-p/3252...

which I put into its own new message thread.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(6,566 Views)