LabVIEW Electrical Power Toolkit

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will Non-DSA Simultaneous Cards (such as the 9220) Work with the Electrical Power Suite?

Hello, All!

I wondered if the 9220, and other non-delta-sigma (DSA) c-series modules, will still work with the Electrical Power Suite. From the overview on the product page:

Supported Hardware

C Series Modules
-The suite meets standard accuracy requirements when used with the NI 9225 (high voltage) and NI 9227 (5 A current) C Series modules. 
-Compatible modules include any self-timed delta-sigma module such as the NI 9229, NI 9232, NI 9234, and NI 9239. Due to the lower voltage inputs, these modules require external voltage transformers. 
-The resampling algorithms of the LabVIEW Electrical Power Suite are not designed for multiplexed modules, such as the NI 9201 or NI 9205.

Note that a few modules are listed explicitly, and it sounds like any self-timed delta-sigma module (eg the 9229, 9232, 9234, 9239) will work appropriately, and that multiplexed modules (eg 9201, 9205) will not work. However, what about non-DSA simultaneous cards such as the 9220? Note also that supported hardware is not explicitly listed in the 2012 EPS Readme, so I wanted to check.

Please let me know!

Will Hilzinger | Switch Product Support Engineer | National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(7,809 Views)

Hi Will,

One simultaneous card, DSA or non-DSA, is ok for our toolkit, When using different kinds of cards, you are required to rework some section of the FPGA code.It is easy and I have implemented with 9215. You can refer to  the below link for reference. Because 9220 seems to be one device including 4x 9215,  it can work with our EPS.

http://nitalk.natinst.com/message/151095#151095 

But I have to say we recommend the customer to utilize NI 9225 and 9227 modules for EPS. Because they have 24-bits ADC resolution while 9220/9215 is with only 16-bits resolution. This may cause the loss of measurement accuracy so that it can not pass the standard compliance test.

One more question to you: Is your question from a the customer's requirement? 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(7,756 Views)

[originally posted 7-19-2013]

Hello, Fang!

Thank you for the information! The question is from a customer who is an Alliance Partner. They don't have to use the 9220, but would very much like to. Please let me know if you have any further questions for me, and thank you again!

Best,

Will H | Applications Engineering | National Instruments

Will Hilzinger | Switch Product Support Engineer | National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(7,421 Views)