From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW Electrical Power Toolkit

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Varjable frequency

Can I use the electrical power suite to measure the output line of a pwm inverter feeding an AC motor (0 - 100Hz) ?

Any suggestion ?

Many thanks in advance

Angelo

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(6,435 Views)

First question is what you want to measure?

If you want to measure power quality to IEC 61000-4-30 then you should know that the FPGA resampler only operates on 50 or 60Hz networks and this wont work.

It looks like it is the same for the host-based resampler as well (you still must specify a 50 or 60Hz system).

The basic measurements palette thought looks like it maybe a bit more flexible though. For example, the harmonics palette has a resampling VI that takes external trigger times and so doesn't seem to depend on the system frequency so much.

James Mc
========
CLA and cRIO Fanatic
My writings on LabVIEW Development are at devs.wiresmithtech.com
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(6,427 Views)
Thank James,
Downstream the inverter
I would measure :
Power active and inductive
Phhase lag
Current, voltage
energy
Frequency

Of course I can measure upstream the converter, but I have to consider inverter efficiency

Waiting for any comments
Regards
Angelo
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(6,423 Views)

I think it should be ok in theory. it also depend on the PWM inverter you choose. which PWM inverter you choose? schinder or semens veichi?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(5,455 Views)