From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW Electrical Power Toolkit

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Measuring power at two different point (single phase)

Hi all,

I am new user of LabVIEW 2013 with electrical power suite.

May i know how to measure two different point of single phase system using the same VI such as in DAQ power and energy example?

As I notice that there are several type of wiring available. Is only one voltage and one current availabe during 1 ph voltage and 1 current selection. Thus, when I select 3ph voltage and 2 current, the value I obtain is not seem to be true.

From the figure attached, I want to measure the voltage at current at the solar/PV  to obtain the power value. Other than that, I also need to measure the voltage and current at the load such as water heater. This is a single phase configuration network.

(2 voltage and 2 current measurement at single phase)

Hope for guidance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(7,764 Views)

Hi Vikingyong90,

You seem to have forgotten to attach the figure.

Also would you please give more explanations on your issue? Sorry I find it a bit hard to get your exact point.

E.g. What do you want to measure? Basic measurement? Power Quality?

I also don't understand why you chose 3xUph+2xI when you want to measure a single phase system?

What hardware platform are you using?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(7,748 Views)

Hi Lewis,

Here attached the file.

Actually I wanted to measure power two different point in a single phase system as shown in the first attachement.

Since, there is example in power quality measurement(DAQ) as shown in the second attachment.

since there is two measuring point in my measurement. May i know how to obtain two measurement voltage at the same time in DAQ?

Hope for guidance.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(7,744 Views)

Hi Vikingyong90,

I think you may try to use 3xUph+3xI wiring method where you wire U and I signals the same way as 2U and 2I physically, but you duplicate the signals to 3 channels.

Perform such a duplication after the VI - DAQmx Read.

In the end you only care the values of two channels.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(7,734 Views)