From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW Electrical Power Toolkit

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to measure voltage, current and there phase difference in a distribution transformer taking values from its current and Potential transformers ?

Hello every one,
I am new to lab view and i am working on a project to monitor voltage , current and phase in distribution transformers.
can anyone tell me what all equipments to use to take input from CT(current transformer) and PT(potential Transformer) of a distribution transformer and analyse it.
Thankyou.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(7,232 Views)

Hi,

Here's what you need for your application:

1. According to the magnitude range of your voltage and current signals, choose suitable DAQ devices for signal acquisition. Notice that the DAQ devices must have simultaneous ADC. C module 9227 and 9225 are recomended.

2. Use the example 'Basic Power Measurement.vi' that provided by our EPS toolkit to measure the value of the input voltage and current and also their phase difference.

power factor.jpg

Notice that the measured value 'power factor' by this example is related to the phase difference between the input voltage and current.

You can find further information here

Thanks,

Yifan

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(7,197 Views)