LabVIEW Electrical Power Toolkit

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery management system design for EV to monitor and to balance the Li-Ion cells' voltages using LabView, NI myRIO-1900 and LTC6804-2 IC

Hello,

I have NI myRIO-1900 and LabView 2014. I need to design a Bettary management system to monitor and balance the rechargable Lithium-Ion battery packs' voltages and charges using LTC6804-2 IC. I am facing some problems to program the IC for monitoring and balancing the cells' voltages and charges using LabView via NI myRIO. Can anyone help me to design this by giving some references and technques.

Thanks in advance.

Mohammad Hoque

ruja_nuf@yahoo.com

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(7,582 Views)

Hi Mohammad,

I believe with EPS you can monitor the cells' voldates and charging. I'm not sure what you mean by balancing, though. Can you elaborate a bit more?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(7,412 Views)

Hello LewisL,

Cell balancing is to equalize the charge levels of series connected Li-ion bettery cells during charging and discharging. I may clear you in such a way that battery powered EVs are usually drived by 100 series connected battery cells of 3.6V. Whenever cells go to discharge or charge, an imbalanced state of charge of cells occoured after few charge-discharge cycle. Imbalanced state of cells' charge or voltage reduce the overall performance of battery cells connected in series. Moreover, sometimes cells are found at overcharged or overdischarged. The over state condition also hamper the lifecycle of battery cell, even may occour cell damage. So, charge balancing or charge equalization is essential to enhance the performance of battery systems.

Hope it will make you understand.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(7,041 Views)

Can any one please explain me how to set Sample time in Energy block.
kindly attach .vi file calculating energy from simple simulated sine wave.

It will be great favour 

Thaking you in anticipation

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(6,509 Views)

Please don't spam the forums by resurrecting multiple old threads and asking the same question.

continue with the post here http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW-Electrical-Power-Suite/Re-Electrical-power-energy-auditing/td-p/3252...

which I put into its own new message thread.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(6,429 Views)