Highlighted

can we interface xbee modules to labVIEW

Can i know the procedure ?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8 (2,161 Views)
0 Kudos

Re: can we interface xbee modules to labVIEW

Dear Nihanth,

It depends on which type of approach you are going, as far as i`ve worked on transmitting and receiving the signals through Aurdino and Microconroller with xbee.

Regards,

Ganesha Moorthy

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8 (491 Views)
0 Kudos

Hello Nihanth,

first of all, can you provide the details of your interface ,like Serial or any other.

if serial is your answer, then it is very easy to communicate with xbee modules through labview serial(VISA). You may start with the Basic Read write serial example found in labview example.

steps:

open the example

connect the device th serial port

search the device port(com 1/com 2.. etc)

now you can transmit by writing to VISA and receive by Reading the VISA pellets.

.... and you are done!!!

i have worked on it, if you wish for a detailed description... i can help you futher.

regards

Message 3 of 8 (491 Views)

Hello SRI,THANK YOU for answering. The robot is wireless and a camer is to be fixed on the robot. How can i get the streaming video on the front pannal of the labVIEW?

The components i am using are Arduino UNO and Xbee.how can i make it done ??

and what type of camera should i use?

These are the questions running in my mind.....

PLEASE HELP ME IF YOU COULD.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8 (491 Views)
0 Kudos

Ganesha Moorthy Arunagiri Hello Ganesha Moorthy.THANK YOU FOR ANSWERING.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8 (491 Views)
0 Kudos

Dear Nihanth,

If that is the case you can`t transmit all the data`s of an image successfully in a xbee. There will be a loss of data (Pixels in a image).

In this case you can use an wifi module to transfer data which might result in prevention of loss of data.

Regards,

Ganesha Moorthy

Message 6 of 8 (491 Views)
Solution
‎02-01-2014 09:01 PM

Hi Nihanth,,

Sorry I could not Reply.....

I am equally agree with Ganesha,, Xbee tranmission is always hampered by data loss, wifi will be a good sugesstion.

Regarding Connection with LabVIEW and Arduino UNO you can Use LIFA-LabVIEW Interface For Arduino Addon (FREE ).

For Image Acquistion and  display in LabVIEW front Panel you can use IMAQ/IMAQdx(Install Laest Device Driver for Vision Acquistion).

I'llbe happy if you could Please Update Your Project Status regularly.

Best Regards........

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8 (491 Views)
0 Kudos

hello ganesh,Sri,

I am doing my final year project and this is the link of the video of my project, but they asked me to improve the project.

can you suggest me the ideas to improve this??     

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62_4Eg25p4E

I just thought of replacing RF modules with XBEE, but uyou are saying that this will not be effective. So please suggest me.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8 (491 Views)
0 Kudos