NI Home > Community > NI Discussion Forums

LabVIEW Developers Seeking Employment

WibJ
0 Kudos

LabVIEW developer with strong OO skills and EE education looking for employment

Hello,

I'm seeking employment in a company that would have interesting LV related projects.
If the job also requires .NET skills or Java skills that would be a perfect match.
Working with FPGA or cRIO is highly interesting for me as well.

Few bullet points about me:
- Java Programmer ( I hold the Sun Certified Java Programmer Certificate ), I programmed Web Applications and Java Stand alone desktop apps.
- .NET experience - 3.5 framework, mainly WCF, and various propetiary code created in my current position.
- Real world job experience as Software Engineer since July 2004.
- I hold the postion of Senior Software Engineer at my current company.
- I have a "proven regular" account on the NI forums ( but for privacy reasons I post this form a fresh account )
- I am a Master of Science in the field of Electrical Engineering.
- I have quite reasonable experience with LabVIEW ( Created my master thesis in it, and work constantly in the environment for the past 2+ years, before I was employed in companies that required OO programming skills )
- I am a Certified LabVIEW Associate Develoer & am on my way to becoming a CLD, aiming to achieve this before the end of the calledar year.
- I'm skilled with the use a Regular Expressions.
- I'm famiuliar with CAN Open and CAN J1939 standards
- I've completed 10 NI Training sessions including ( FPGA, cRio, NI Vision, TestStand )
- Strong knowledge of Software Verification & Validation concepts. 

I am a citizen of the EU therefore I would require H1B sponsorhip if a position in USA is proposed. I am willing to relocate.

I will send full CV + CoverLetter on request.

Thank You,
WibJ

WibJ
0 Kudos

Re: LabVIEW developer with strong OO skills and EE education looking for employment

[ Edited ]

I want to thank for the e-mails I got.

I would like to add two more bullet points to the list, above ( I don't see the option to edit the post above ):

- I have 2+ years experience with using DOORS requirements system, this includes power user skills as well as DXL scripting.

- I have completed addtional courses in LabVIEW that is LV Advanced course and LV Object Oriented

If those skills are of interest for you, contact me via the e-mail from my profile. 

Thank You,

WibJ

Message Edited by WibJ on 09-09-2009 01:47 AM
WibJ
0 Kudos

Re: LabVIEW developer with strong OO skills and EE education looking for employment

[ Edited ]

Hello just wanted to update this thread with a few facts that:

I've obtained the Certified LabVIEW Developer title.:smileyvery-happy:

I still havent found what I'm looking for :smileytongue:

I've completed the training course for LabVIEW DAQ ( 3 days ).

Oh yes and my real NI account has been updated to the Proven Veteran status. :smileyhappy:

If my skills are of your interest please contact me!

Message Edited by WibJ on 01-22-2010 03:16 PM
Message Edited by WibJ on 01-22-2010 03:18 PM
AAA TL Support

hi we are a systems integrator in the middle east and long time parnters with National Instruments.  Currently our offices are in Dubai, Muscat Oman and in Saudi Arabia.  We are looking for engineers.  If interested send your resume to info@teclution.com
WibJ
0 Kudos

Ok,

I've sent you my resume.

Let me know if you're interested.

Cheers,

WibJ

Modunano

Hi WibJ,

If you are still seeking employment, could you please send a resume to leslie.collinson@modumetal.com?

Thank you! 

WibJ
0 Kudos

Hello Leslie,

I've sent a reply to you from my main e-mail account.

Thanks for your interest,

WibJ 

WibJ

I'm currently working in the UK looking into opportunities to work in Canada.

Cheers,

WibJ

WibJ
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Hello I wanted to bump this thread up.

I fell time has come time to once again embark on a job search quest for me. :smileyhappy:

What has changed since the opening thread?:

My CLD has expired, but I intend to recertify using the CLD-R and very quickly once again to CLA. ( plan is to do it in march ).

During my last 2 years I've worked predominatnly in LabVIEW on very high speed DAQ with insane data-rates.

Learned how to do proper multi threading in LabVIEW :smileywink: and work with ginormous data -sets in the hundreds od GB,

Learned how to do proper 64-bit labview apps, and use memory efficiently.

Got experience working on Oil and Gas stuff. Gained Team Lead Experience.

What am I looking for:

Software Architect, Team Lead or Software Manager positions.

I'm also trying to get canadian residence, which should take me approx 10 moths to sort out, but if a job offer came sooner this could boost me.

So Canadian offers are of my particuar interest.

US jobs, unfortunately I do not have a work permint in US, which excludes me from 90% of the jobs on this forum, if any employer has the ability to sponsor please contact tme.

I'm an EU citizen and I do browse the EU offers all the time, but if my profile is interesting to you please don't hesitate and contact me and I'll send you my resume.

Regards,

WibJ