NI Home > Community > NI Discussion Forums

LabVIEW Developers Feature Brainstorming

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Rick K
0 Kudos

What IP should we get on IPNet?

The goal of the LabVIEW FPGA IPNet is to allow FPGA users to get up an running quickly by using and learning about various functions or IP Blocks already available. These pieces of IP come from the FPGA product and tookits, DevZone, Community, Tools Network, or any number of other places both internally and externally. Some are free to download and tweak, while other are inside a product from NI or a third party. We are in the beginning stages of putting this site together and version 1.0 is live right now. We want it to be a very community driven initiative

The new LabVIEW FPGA IPNet is located at ni.com/ipnet

We are in the process of moving the content on this site to better place on ni.com which will have easier searching and features to increase usability. Therefore, we are not looking for lots of feedback about the way the page looks or formatting. I am opening this thread to get feedback and suggestions on what IP we should have on this site. Currently, this is clearly not a comprehensive list of all possible customer needs. We need to get input as to what the FPGA community is looking for on a site like this.

If anyone has thoughts, please speak up. Also, if anyone has FPGA functions that you developed and are willing to share with the community. Go to IPNet for instructions on how to quickly upload IP so that it can be linked from the page.

Thanks

Rick Kuhlman | LabVIEW FPGA Product Manager | National Instruments | ni.com/fpga
Check out the new FPGA IPNet for browsing, downloading, and learning about LabVIEW FPGA IP Cores ni.com/ipnet

Pawel_Reszel
0 Kudos

Re: What IP should we get on IPNet?

Hello!

I found that in some future there should be FPGA FFT example on the IPNet.

Can someone tell me when should I expect that? I need FFT procedure that would be able to give about 2048 points spectrum at 10kHz sampling rate (FFT value every 5 Hz)

Thanks in advance for answer!

Regards,

Pawel
Vineet_A.
0 Kudos

Hello,

I think I might know of a beta version that can be posted.  I'll find out and let you know.

Regards,

Vineet A. 

Rick K
0 Kudos

We have an FFT on the community now! It will soon be linked from the ni.com/ipnet.

The download has some examples included to help you get started. I hope this helps. 

Rick Kuhlman | LabVIEW FPGA Product Manager | National Instruments | ni.com/fpga
Check out the new FPGA IPNet for browsing, downloading, and learning about LabVIEW FPGA IP Cores

momolxg
0 Kudos

FFT on FPGA timing

Hello,
Is it possible to give a benchmark frequency for FFT of 2048 16 bit arrays on a PXI7833R?
Also I would like to know how many channels it is possible to simultaneously FFT on a PXI 7833R.
Unfortunately not able to run LV8.5 on my FPGA for the time being.
Thanks
BIRA_PXI
0 Kudos

SPI protocol

The SPI protocol IP is for LabView 7.0 Is there another one for LabView 8.x or can the SPI for LabView 7.0 used for LabView 8.x ? Also can this be used to write device drivers for existing Ni cRIO boards?

Thanks, 

birapxi

Rick K
0 Kudos

The SPI protocol has been updated with an entirely new, more robust, and more scalable solution.

Thanks

madd
0 Kudos

Hello

I need the viterbi decoder IP for different code rates e.g 2/3,3/4,4/5.... since give IP is a fix one with constrain length 7.

Regards

Madd

Rick K
0 Kudos

Thanks for the feedback. The one thing you can do is use the IP Integration Node and easily import the IP from the Xilinx Tools. 

Check out the new FPGA IPNet for browsing, downloading, and learning about LabVIEW FPGA IP Cores 

madd
0 Kudos

Hello

the requirements for xilinx ip required is labview 9 and Fpga Module 9 but i have both 8.6.1 version what now?

regards