NI Home > Community > NI Discussion Forums

LabVIEW Developers Feature Brainstorming

BSeegmiller
0 Kudos

Re: LabVIEW Performance

One thing we have done is to pre-allocate files using the Get/Set EOF file VI.  This has reduced file-system fragmentation significantly, especially when we are running multiple data-acquistion programs.  See this article

Bob Seegmiller
NG UMS Ryan Aeronautical Center
SSRaza
0 Kudos

We are also going to establish an interactive laboratory setup with LabVIEW 2009.full Professional version .Please look at the snap in the attachment. But we are facing some problems. If we keep the viewing mode as Embedded then we have no. of connection problems. Hardly more than one client can connect to our server. Attecment#2 If we keep view mode Monitor (with refreshing time as 1 sec) then the size of LabVIEW in the memory grows and grows and the increment is even more if the no. of connections increases. Please advise me some proper solution. I shall be more than thankful to you for this. Please also guide me how to generate a thread of new topic on this forum.
Knight of NI
Knight of NI
tst
0 Kudos

This is the wrong place for this post. You should post this to the LabVIEW board - http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/bd-p/170

Before you do that, though, you should try to search for a solution to your problem, because other people might have also run into it (you can try searching for "remote front panel" and "memory" or "leak").

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I would like to say our dear NI team that they have worked on:

1. full automatic memory management (I don't like sorry)

2. automatic and manual deallocating memory 

Also I'd like to hear from NI team that whether there is any relation to the possibility of its LabVIEW program of work in a 24/7 mode ?

I think not. In my opinion LabVIEW is intended for any purposes but not for 24/7.

I work with LV from 6.0 to 2009 versions.

Knight of NI
Knight of NI
tst
0 Kudos

Current_93 wrote:

Also I'd like to hear from NI team that whether there is any relation to the possibility of its LabVIEW program of work in a 24/7 mode ?

I think not. In my opinion LabVIEW is intended for any purposes but not for 24/7.

You can write LV programs which work around the clock, certainly in a real-time system, but also on Windows (I have programs which run for months without being restarted).

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Current_93 wrote:

I think not. In my opinion LabVIEW is intended for any purposes but not for 24/7..

Looking at your other posts, you seem to be completely oblivious of any memory considerations. You have a table on the front panel with 70000 rows and also have 15 (Yes fifteen!!!) local variables of that same control. Yet somehow you are trying to blame LabVIEW memory management. :smileysurprised: I can guarantee if you would do the same garbage code in C++ it would not look pretty either. You are abusing a UI object as a database storage and I am sure you are not doing this in your C++ version.

Then you are constantly spewing unrelated "editorial" comments about the purpose of LabVIEW, such as. 

"Moreover, I think LabVIEW is intended only for education purposes and no for other.  Learn C++ and to you will be happiness."

"I think not. In my opinion LabVIEW is intended for any purposes but not for 24/7."

Obviously, you have some deep seated preconceived notions and are trying to prove them. All you needs is to correctly embrace dataflow and things will fall into place. Your opinions are definitely wrong.

LabVIEW Champion . Do more with less code and in less time .

ManishKSoni
0 Kudos

We are having the requirement of application should run in AIX Operating System .
Is Labview 2009 development version can support IBM AIX OS?

Knight of NI
altenbach
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

ManishKSoni wrote:

We are having the requirement of application should run in AIX Operating System .
Is Labview 2009 development version can support IBM AIX OS?

(This is not a question about performance, so it probably does not belong here in this thread.)

Anyway, the LabVIEW OS support page says NO. What are you actually trying to do?

LabVIEW Champion . Do more with less code and in less time .