LabVIEW Communications System Design Suite

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

show me how can i make subVI 1 , subVI 2 and addressing pattern in this ping pong diagram

It looks like you are trying to do this in an Optimized FPGA VI is that correct?

The SubVI1 and SubVI2 are your own custom code to operate on data that will be stored in your ping-pong array. 

The addressing pattern is whatever logic you need to write into the replace array subset without ping-pong. It can be as simple as wiring up directly to 'i'. 

Please note that if this is Optimized FPGA VI, you will need to have fixed size array on your controls and indicators.

Message 11 of 12
(681 Views)

In Comms 2.0,  you don't need to have a ping-pong logic in your algorithm. The latest FPGA compiler (Optimized FPGA IP compiler) can automatically figure out if any array in VI needs a dynamic memory management(i.e. ping-pong memory) to maximize the throughput performance and map the efficient memory implementation to those arrays.

In our old design document (http://www.ni.com/documentation/en/labview-comms/latest/fpgaip-prog/ping-pong-in-fpga-ip-vis/), you can have the optimal design even with VI not having a ping-pong logic (as shown in the attached picture) 

GUID-0AD868EA-1571-4A82-B900-7890132F6C67-5.5x8.5 - a5.png

Message 12 of 12
(659 Views)