LabVIEW Communications System Design Suite

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vivado's IP Integration

Hello!!

How I can integrate a Vivado's IP on LabVIEW Communications project?

I´m not sure about the files that must be mentioned in the .eip file to allow import the Vivado's IP on LabVIEW Communications. Additionally, I don't know if is necessary generate the IP with some specific way or in a specific ViVado version .

At this time I´m trying to add a FIFO IP generated by Vivado's (version 2014.2 and version 2016.1) FIFO Generator just to understand and validate the importing process.

I created a Vivado's project with a VHDL top file that just instanciate the IP FIFO generated by Fifo IP Generator.

The main part of the created .eip file can be viewed in the attached image.

Any suggestions about the correct way to write the eip file to import a IP on LabVIEW Communications?

Thanks in advance.

Have a nice day.

Juliano

PS.: If someone can send a .eip example for this case  it will be very helpfull!   ; )    TKS!

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(5,535 Views)

Hi Juliano,

Can you attach your IP files? I'm assuming it's just a simple example that can be shared. It may be easier to take a look that way. Also, I'm curious if you've tried Vivado's IP Packager. It looks like it might output into a IP-XACT format that may help with compatibility.

David C
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(5,506 Views)

Hello David!

You can get the IP generated files in attached zip. It was generated using Vivado 2014.2 version.

Exist a aditional folder named "blk_mem_gen_v8_2" that was not zipped, because it has more tham 10 MB. 

The .eip used to import in Labviews was generated manually.

Thank you very much for your attention!!

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(5,499 Views)

The problem was not solved yet.

Someone have some suggestion?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(5,332 Views)

The problem has not been solved yet. I am also looking into a solution for this.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(4,300 Views)

There was a great presentation on integrating external IP into LabVIEW FPGA and LabVIEW Communications at NI Week 2017.

You can find the presentation here: https://forums.ni.com/ni/attachments/ni/niweeksessions/322/5/Best%20Practices%20for%20Integrating%20...

You mentioned that you created the IP using Vivado 2014.2. Can you instead use the Vivado version that ships with Comms (2014.4)?

You can launch our shipping Vivado using this batch script: C:\NIFPGA\programs\Vivado2014_4\bin\Vivado.bat

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(4,295 Views)

Thank you very much for your suggestions and for the presentation, it was very useful.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(4,277 Views)