LabVIEW Communications System Design Suite

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USRP 2954R based Access Point using 802.11 Application Framework

Hello! I am an undergrad student working for my final project. I had been struggling with research in the past weeks about already implemented projects from the forum, and understanding the working principle of the 802.11 Application Framework.

I was wondering if it is possible to program the USRP 2954R to act as an Access Point to which a mobile device can connect and communicate with(e.g. UDP connection). If not, but I think it's quite the same thing, to connect the USRP to an Access Point and communicate with other devices connected (LAN UDP communication).

If you think any of these scenarios are feasible, please give me some basic steps about how it can be implemented and your opinion about the complexity of the project (time needed to get it done). I would really appreciate your help!

p.s. I have no restriction to hardware ( OFDM 802.11ac router ), spectral analyzers, PXI chassis, etc. and I have only 2 months experience with LabVIEW.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,834 Views)

Unfortunately, it is not so easy. The basic Application Framework supports only two types of frames -- Data Frame and Acknowledgement Frame. 

If you want to associate your USRP to an AP ( or vice versa), you need to create new types of frames according to a 802.11 standard -- Probe Request, Probe Response, Authentication frames and all procedures, connected with this frames.

Message 2 of 2
(2,656 Views)