From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW Communications System Design Suite

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MT synchronization parameter

Hello,

I am using labview communication and want to calculate BER of a simple PSK receiver. I am using "MT Generate PSK Synchronization Parameters (bit array) (G Dataflow)". This block needs a sync bits in its input. What is should be?How should I generate it?Is it different for different types of modulation?(4PSK, 8PSK...)

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,461 Views)

Hi Ferdoon,

The block is looking for a group of bits (preamble word) that will be before your message bits.  To prevent false synchronization, select a bit pattern with low correlation to non synchronized portions of the data stream.  So if you have a sync preamble word of 1111 1111 1111 1110, makes sure that your message bit stream doesn't include too similar word or the synchronization may not trigger in the correct location (http://www.ni.com/documentation/en/labview-comms/2.0/mt-node-ref/mt-generate-psk-sync-params-bit-arr...).  The outputted parameters will be different depending on your modulation type. 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,423 Views)

Dear Luke, 

thanks for responding, but I wanted a bit more explanation. I already knew these information since it is in the help part. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,421 Views)

Hi Ferdoon,

Do you already have the PSK Transmitter implemented?  What bitstream are you sending to the PSK Receiver?  You should just be able to modify the PSK Transmitter to add the sync bits that you are configuring in the MT Synchronization Parameters VI.  The receiver will then look for these bits when it receives the bitstream and synchronize accordingly.  Is this what you want to know or is there something more specific about the implementation that you are confused about?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,405 Views)

Thank you for your response. Sorry for late response. Was not around for a while.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,370 Views)