cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabView won't open Fixed-Point Configurator & keeps crashing

Solved!
Go to solution

Hey there,

I can't use the fixed-point configurator. When I try to open it, no window will popup. The LabView Icons starts to blink at the bottom bar, and Windows seems to notice that there is a new pop up window, but it won't show up, and I tried everything to show it. Another issue is that LabView becomes unresponsive after doing that and will crash. I have this issue on LabView Comms v1.1 and v2.0. It is project independent and happens also for new blank projects when I simply try to open the configurator. I already tried reinstalling LVComms.

Do you have any idea? I really need this feature.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,306 Views)

I debugged the process with Visual Studio in order to get some more information, there seems to be an issue with the Layout XML, but I can't figure out how to solve this

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,287 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author a_bert

Hi there,

this error is not caused directly by NI software. What you can try to fix it, is update your graphics driver.

Here you can find some more details about it. As you will see, there can be many reasons why you run into this error.

I know this will point you into the right direction.

Ramona

Ramona Lombardo
Applications Engineer, NI Germany
Certified LabVIEW Developer
Message 3 of 4
(3,210 Views)

Hey Ramona,

Thanks for this hint. With your help I got it working now, by updating my Intel HD Graphics driver.

For some reason, my system told me, that I already had the latest version v9 of the graphics driver when trying to update. But after uninstalling and reinstalling the driver, it was updated to v10. So with this version, I no longer have this issue, thanks 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,202 Views)