cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot config Sync configuration from host in LTE application framework

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi all,

I have a question related to the "DL RX SYNC" module in the FPGA of LTE Application framework. I cannot find where to config the cluster parameter "Sync configuration" from host (showed in the picture below). This cluster includes parameters: FFT window timing advance, autocorrelation threshold, static CFO, CFO factor, sync operation mode, trigger delay.
In the whitepaper section 3.2.3.2 (http://www.ni.com/white-paper/53286/en/), it said "Use the FFT window timing advance parameter to set the amount of samples that the receiver should cut into the cyclic prefix. This parameter together with the parameters mentioned before are part of the sync configuration cluster and can be set from the host."

So I think we can config these parameter from the host file (LTE Host DL.gvi or LTE Host UE.gvi).
Please take a look and give me some comments about that. Thank you!

LTE sync config.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,893 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author quyptit

Hej quyptit,

I suppose that there is no explizit value written from the host for this variable. But add some code on the host side by your own in order to modify the value.

I propose the file "LTE Setup DL RX Baseband" is the right position. So you just need to do the following steps:

1) Update the FPGA Type

The FPGA type is typecast. Undock the constant node on top of the typecast node first. (as seen in the picture attached) Then you right click on this constant, select "Properties". At the FPGA Host Interface section open "Configure...". Now you have to "Import bitfile" and select your correct bitfile from the Builds folder.

2) Add sync configuration terminal

Expand the "Read/Write FPGA Control" node, and add a write terminal. Since you updated the FPGA type, the variable "sync configuration" should show up here. Wire a constant or control, and you are done. (I think you should make sure to chose the correct default settings, in order to have sync working, you can check the default value at the FPGAs top level front panel).

Let me know if this helps. I also attached a picture where you can see the code result after following these steps.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,853 Views)

Hi a_bert, Thank you very much for your helpful reply. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,833 Views)