LabVIEW Communications System Design Suite

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

802.11 Application Framework 80 MHz Bandwidth Support

Hello,

I am studying the performance of the 802.11 ac standard using NI USRP 2954R with the 802.11 Application Framework. For this, I need the 80 MHz bandwidth. As the white paper states, this is possible:

"The overall architecture described in Section 3 allows to extend the 802.11 Application Framework towards features such as support for MIMO, VHT 80 MHz bandwidth mode"

and

"Note that in the FPGA bitfiles included in the Application Framework project template, 80 MHz bandwidth support is disabled, so only options 1 to 3 are applicable. To enable options 4 and 5, the bitfile must be rebuilt with the 80 MHz Boolean enabled in the supported bandwidth cluster."

I have done this, and created the cases in the VIs for the 80 MHz bandwidth (for example,  in the FIR Low Pass Filter.gcdl the case for 80 MHz was not made, but in most of the modules the cases are already made). However, I can't see results, the throughput being 0, and only 1 packet start detected.

What am I missing?

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Regards,
Codau Cristian
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,809 Views)

Hello,

It seems like this post is a duplicate and is already being discussed on the following thread: http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW-Communications-System/80-MHz-bandwidth-in-802-11-Application-Framewo...

Please reference that thread for more information. 

Shalini M.
Partner Development Engineer
Alliance Partner Network
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,757 Views)

Thanks for pointing that out @shalumdawg.  An AE is currently working on document that outlines the changes needed to implement the requested feature.  I'll ask him to post it on the original thread once the document is ready.  

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,753 Views)