From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW Cloud Toolkits

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing on Labview 2010

I tried to follow the instructions by first installing Run-Time 2011, then VIPM but when I tried to install the Interface it responded with a notice that there were no versions of LabVIEW that would support this interface.  Either I did somthing wrong when I installed the Run-Time, or I will need to upgrade.  The later may be too expensive for a retired hobbiest.  Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(5,831 Views)

Hi ajdavis2004,

You were speaking of installing Run-Time 2011.

For this toolkit to be installed on a development machine, you need an LV Dev Environment >= 2011. You can also see this in the "Compatible LabVIEW Versions" field of VIPM when you try to install an add-on.

For deployment, you will be fine with runtimes, but for development it is essential to have a proper Development version of LV.

Also note, that you can download dev. versions of LV from ni.com free of charge and use it in evaluation mode for a month.

Aside from upgrading LV dev. on your machine there is no way to use this toolkit.

I developed this a few years ago, but I remember some part of the code being dependent on tools introduced in LV 2011. So I think it would not be even possible to use it by resaving all parts of the toolkit in an older LV version.

Hope this answers your question.

Peter

Message 2 of 3
(5,147 Views)

Thanks Peter, I guess I knew this would not work in a 2010 developement environment. Right now I do not have the resources to purchase a 2011 or higher LV, and downloading the evaluation version without the intent of buying it might not be ethical.

Are there free deployed applications that I can use to develope algorithms on NASA/DOE openNEX data?  I would very much like to compete for prize month offerred this month - https://www.data.gov/climate/climate-challenges and easy access to Amazon S3 would be helpful.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(5,147 Views)