LabVIEW Cloud Toolkits

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help LabVIEW Cloud Toolkit for SQS

Hi,

I am new to Labview cloud toolkit for AWS. I want to use AWS SQS service to send/receive commands between NI RT target and web user interface.

I find NI documentation for the toolkit is very limited. Has anyone used SQS tools and is it good for my application? And any suggestions and where to find literature and NI documentation on the subject will be helpful. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 17
(9,503 Views)

The SQS API is designed to mirror the functions provided by Amazon, so your best option right now is to use Amazon's documentation.  From your description, it sounds like SQS is a good option for your application.  Let me know if you have any specific questions about the API.

Cheers,

Brandon

Message 2 of 17
(9,477 Views)

Thank you Brandon! Amazon documentation does help.

However I have just found out that Labview AWS vis do not support FIFO queue, which is inconvenient. Can you suggest some way to work around or is there any possibility in near future Labview VIs will support FIFO queue please? Many thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 17
(9,473 Views)

Have you tried using the standard queue?  It will probably handle your use case.  I have created test apps that send commands back and forth between LabVIEW VIs, node.js apps, Python apps, and IoT devices, and I haven't run into issues.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 17
(9,470 Views)

Hi, we have tested basic connection using standard queue, but unsure if standard queue is reliable for mission critical command. Any suggestions please? Many thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 17
(9,466 Views)

I think it depends on the rate you want to send commands vs the time it takes to retrieve a message from the queue and delete the message.  In my applications, I was doing UI commands and it worked well.  I was only sending one command at a time, and my VI would read and delete the message before another command was sent.  If you are planning to send many commands per second and the order that they are read matters, then you may need a FIFO.

Message 6 of 17
(9,443 Views)

Hi Brandon, thanks for your comments. I have run into problems using toolkit in RT target. Although example code run well on window PC, they didn't work after I moved the vis to RT target. I got error message:

"Error 412031 occurred at NI_AWSCore.lvlib:HTTP Reqyest.lvclass:Create Error Cluster from Responses Body.vi

Possible reasons:

Signature not yet current:20170704T183155Z is still later than 20170704T174353Z (20170704T172853 + 15min.)"

Can you explain what is the problem please? Do I need to install some software on RT target to resolve the problem? Many thank for your help.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 17
(9,344 Views)

Hi, Have you ever run the cloud toolkit vis on RT target successfully? Any suggestions you could offer to solve my problem? Should I seek support from NI who created the cloud toolkit, but how? Please help! 

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 17
(9,330 Views)

I have tested the toolkit on a Linux RT target.  It worked for me after I got my cRIO setup correctly.  Please make sure your cRIO has the correct time and time zone settings.

Message 9 of 17
(9,314 Views)

Thanks for the suggestion. I have reset the time on the cRIO to be UTC, the same as my laptop, But it still gives me the same error message. The strange thing is in the same project environment, if I place the vi on computer it works, but if it is on RT target, it doesn't. Any suggestions? Many thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 17
(9,281 Views)