LabVIEW Channel Wires

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interesting Bug/Crash

It did give me the Popup Menu "Create Missing Endpoint", but nothing happens when I choose that option.  But that's certainly progress ...

Wow!  I just created a Snippet to show you, and when I did that, the missing Endpoints appeared!  Magic.  Was I supposed to open or close something?  I swear that I had two big square VIs with grey Question Marks at the point I selected and said "Create Snippet ...".

So I'll play a bit more, and will report any failures.  If I figure out the "trick" step I need to take, I'll also mention it.

BS

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 20
(1,718 Views)

Bob_Schor wrote:

It did give me the Popup Menu "Create Missing Endpoint", but nothing happens when I choose that option.  But that's certainly progress ...

We just found that bug too. It'll be included in the next fix.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 20
(1,718 Views)

There is a bug in the redraw code in LabVIEW where VI calls that get re-linked don't always redraw their icon properly. It happens even without Channels, but for some reason with Channel Endpoints it seems to happen much more often. Usually if you wave your mouse around the endpoint you can get it to redraw, but if that still doesn't work just closing and opening the VI should do it. Also, the run arrow will unbreak even if the drawing issues are there.

I'm working on a fix that will work for Mac as well.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 20
(1,718 Views)

Here's the fix that works on all platforms, handles the snippets right when they come from other people's machines, and handles the case where the endpoints are already generated but at a different path than the last saved path (because of a different user name).  🙂

Save the first attached file to here:

resource\Channels\_ChannelXNodeSupport\FindOrMakeChannelLibrary.vi

Save the second attached file to here:

resource\plugins\PopupMenus\edit time panel and diagram\ConfigureChannelEndpoint.llb

Thanks for y'all's patience while we work out the kinks.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 20
(1,718 Views)

Thanks for getting this done so quickly.  If I am still waiting for windows to reboot and install LV toolkits and versions I will ahve a bunch of time next week but I may be deep in FPGA timing digrams.

Wonder what happens if I drop a channel on an FPGA....  Haven't even installed it on my windows VM system to test.  But I assume that is just duplicating the FIFO primitives.

LabVIEW ChampionLabVIEW Channel Wires

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 20
(1,718 Views)

sth wrote:

Wonder what happens if I drop a channel on an FPGA....  Haven't even installed it on my windows VM system to test.  But I assume that is just duplicating the FIFO primitives.

Channels are, unfortunately, not currently supported on FPGA.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 20
(1,718 Views)

Dragis wrote:

Channels are, unfortunately, not currently supported on FPGA.

Key word: currently. 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 20
(1,718 Views)

I downloaded and installed the two replacement LLBs.  The simple "Replace Missing Endpoint" example I tried which worked before works better now.  However, my saved copy of Sth's Snippet still doesn't have a right-click option to fix the endpoints for any of the four missing endpoints.

PC. Win 7 (x64), LabVIEW 2015 32-bit (downloaded from NI two weeks ago).

BS

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 20
(1,718 Views)

The FIndOrMake Channel uses the old "Search and Replace Pattern.vi"!  I hadn't seen that icon in a long time.  Some of my older code still has that but I stopped using that when the modern "Search and Replace String" came out with the Regexp option!  Just a nice trip in the "WABAC (wayback) Machine".

Both of those VIs downloaded with a July 25th date.  Not sure what is up with that but since installing them everything is a bit wonky and I can't create channel reader nodes at all of any type.  I'll put the FindOrMakeChannel back to the original and see if that fixes things.

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 20
(1,718 Views)

I just duplicated the original issue.  I can have 2 channels of different or same in a loop communicating to differnet loops.  But if one of them is changed to a "AQ Favorite CHannel" then the VI will not compile for an undisclosed reason.

This doesn't work even if there are 2 AQ Favorite Channels.  For some reason, two channels through a loop boundary leds to a compile error if one or more are an AQ Favorite Channel.

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 20
(1,718 Views)