LabVIEW Channel Wires

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I managed to "break" my Channel Wires -- how do I fix/repair it?

Well, I'm disappointed to report that a "simple Repair", choosing LabVIEW 2015 (32-bit) alone, with no Modules or Toolkits (only took about 5-6 disk shuffles) and then following up with the instructions for activating Channel Wires and installing all of the patches that have been mentioned in this Community, have not restored Channel Wire functionality to my system.  I may need to resort to "sterner measures" (I strongly suspect Popup Menu behavior, because nothing happens on right-clicks).

In the meantime, I collected from all the posts in this Community a list of instructions for installing Channel Wires and patches and fixes that have been posted here.  I'll attach the file here, and also to a previous post I made asking if anyone had such a listing ...

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 12
(774 Views)

My work PC was the machine with the Channel Wire issue.  It took multiple days (3-5), but I've removed all (9+) LabVIEW installations, deleted the NI Program File folders, and reinstalled the three versions I'm using the most.  Operational again, but I'm going to hold off doing things with Channel Wires until the 2016 Beta is released, which I suspect will have a cleaner version of the code than "patching" the code embedded in the Fall 2015 release.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 12
(774 Views)