LabVIEW APIs Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW Scripting Main Board

I think you cannot use them at runtime... since you can't change the VI without compiling.

(Or maybe it's just for VI Tags??)

GCentral ChampionCLA
0 Kudos
Message 91 of 171
(4,031 Views)

You can use them, but if you're in an executable, the data won't be saved even if the tag is marked as persistent.

(4,031 Views)

sachsm wrote:

Has anyone used the Get/Set Tag methods on a control or panel?  I am thinking about using them

for storing async process references but would like to hear from others about any caveats in using them.

I use tags in my Label Manager RCF Plugin to store the style for each label for easy recovery.

0 Kudos
Message 93 of 171
(4,031 Views)

I am trying to put a vi in the diagram panel using scripting api. can anyone help me with this.

0 Kudos
Message 94 of 171
(4,031 Views)

Do you mean the "SubPanel" control? If so, there is a method for the SubPanel called "Insert VI" - this places a VI inside of the SubPanel container.

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361F-01/lvhowto/loading_panel_in_subpanel/

Chris Bolin
LabVIEW Partner Program, CLA
0 Kudos
Message 95 of 171
(4,031 Views)

Hi

Is there a way to find the data's information (type,data,..) from a selected wire ?

I don't find those kind of information with scripting wire propriety and invoke.

Eric

0 Kudos
Message 96 of 171
(4,031 Views)

Get the terminal references connected to the wire. The terminal class has a datatype property, since a wire can connect terminals with different datatypes...

GCentral ChampionCLA
0 Kudos
Message 97 of 171
(4,031 Views)

Very nice, Darren. Any reason there isn't a User Tags palette? (Not hard to make one myself, of course...)

Is there a method to either get a list of all (user) tags on the object or simply flush all user tags? I'm having trouble with some unwanted statefulness in my tags, and I don't want to have to maintain my own registry of all tags created on the object. If I did that, I guess I wouldn't need to use tags anyway.

David Staab, CLA
Staff Systems Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 98 of 171
(4,031 Views)

Having created a template VI which contains an FPGA Read/Write control with a single element, I hope to expand the Read/Write Control (add further elements) such that there are sufficient for each control on teh FPGA front panel.

I have managed to create a new VI based on the template and isolate the reference to the Read/Write control node, but I don't see how to add elements.

Is this an option?

The next phase (a very similar problem) is to expand a Build Array node to build an array containing all the elements extracted above. Again, I can't see a way to expand teh Build Array node.

Can anyone steer me i te right direction, please?

0 Kudos
Message 99 of 171
(4,031 Views)

In short, there is no good option.  FPGA Read/Write nodes are not normal LabVIEW primitives (they are XNodes).  As such, normal scripting rules do not apply.  It is possible to change their size and configuration, but it requires detailed knowledge of the code behind them, and it changes on most LabVIEW version changes, so anything you get may or may not work in the next version of LabVIEW.  Your best bet is probably to save templates of the code you would like to drop and use them.  This could run into many, many templates...

My apologies.

This functionality ships with the FPGA Wizard (which is part of FPGA/cRIO), but would not be easy to use outside it.  If you really need the functionality, please contact your local National Instruments representative.

0 Kudos
Message 100 of 171
(4,031 Views)