LabVIEW APIs Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t find Scripting

Solved!
Go to solution

I've installed Scripting via VIPM (on L/V 2012 Win 7) and have two problems, probably related:

A. Per the opening screen when the VIPM download began, Scripting has to be activated (with the code given). But I don't see Scripting Development under NI License Manger when following those directions.

B. I don't ‘see’ Scripting anywhere: palette, toolkit examples, etc. Probably because it’s not activated?

Jim

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(6,431 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author jaustin_UF

Tools>>Options>>VI Server.  Scroll down to the VI Scripting section and enable scripting functions.

You shouldn't need to download anything from VIPM in 2012 to get scripting, it ships with the product.  The version that you downloaded was for older releases of LabVIEW that didn't expose scripting functions.

Cheers,

Matt Pollock
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(5,407 Views)

"shouldn't need to" or not, I did ... VIPM did ... it's done; odd that VIPM would have a download for 2012, but guess that's between me and JKI.

Do I need to uninstall it now to "expose" the scripting funcions?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(5,407 Views)

You should not need to uninstall to get the scripting functions (they will show up in your Application Control palette as a sub-palette called VI Scripting). 

You may need to uninstall the VIPM package to remove a duplicate copy of them somewhere else (I'm not sure where that package puts things).

Cheers,

Matt Pollock
National Instruments
Message 4 of 7
(5,407 Views)

You are correct, VIScripting does ship with 2012 ... but uninstalling whatever VIPN installed did not make it show up.

After all the warnings that VIScrpting is NOT supported by NI, it now is. NI Support 'led' me to the check box in Options to enable it (to show on the pallet).

Thanks for your help,

Jim

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(5,407 Views)

Matt,

Finally got through that you gave the right answer in your first response … sorry it took me so long to see it!

Thanks,

Jim

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(5,407 Views)

No problem, Jim - happy scripting!

Cheers,

Matt Pollock
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(5,407 Views)