From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LUGG - LabVIEW User Group at Goddard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VI Macro Presentation 3-23-16

Attached are the power point presentation and VI Macro Presentation package of examples for installation on LabVIEW versions 2012 and higher.

The VI Package installs the example vim files in the user.lib\macros folder. They can be located in the functions diagram in the same location (shown in image below)

userlib.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(9,265 Views)

Question: If I use a VI Macro, does someone I share the VI with have to modify their .ini file too or can the VI run by itself?

Thanks,

Tom Larason

Regards,
Tom
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(8,073 Views)

If I use a VI Macro, does someone I share the VI with have to modify their LabVIEW.ini file too or can the VI run by itself?  Oops, I didn't realize my email would also end up in the comments.

Regards,
Tom
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(8,074 Views)

I just tried running the example code in LabVIEW 2014 without the ini keys and it seemed to work ok.  If you don't have the ini keys, you probably won't be able to make changes to or create a new vim.  But I haven't tried that yet.

Message 4 of 5
(8,075 Views)

Thanks for testing my question. It makes sense that you can’t make changes to the macro, I just wanted to make sure I could share the VI (or use on a different computer) without this concern.

-Tom

Regards,
Tom
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(8,076 Views)