Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why does USB-GPIB disconnect during use?

I am running version 2.2 which it shipped with. I got this last week(11-19-04), and there is a newer rev already?
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 16
(1,125 Views)
The new driver(2.3) came out two weeks ago. Give this driver a try. If you still have questions, please start a new topic since the original question was started a long time ago. Thanks.
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 16
(1,111 Views)
The newest driver does not support Win98SE. At least that is what I gathered from looking at it.
Is the driver be backwards compatible to my OS?
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 16
(1,105 Views)
Win 98/Me is no longer supported by the new GPIB driver version 2.3. You will have to stick with your version 2.2 unless you want to upgrade your system. If you have a new question please start a new posting so more people can view and respond to it. Thanks.
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 16
(1,104 Views)
Try attaching the usb device directly to the computer, w/o going through the usb hub. The hubs sometimes give trouble for a variety of reasons. Sometimes their power supply is not strong enough to power all the devices hanging off of it.
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 16
(1,064 Views)
Thanks all for the help. An upgrade was imminent anyway, and thus made so. Problem has been eliminated. Thanks Again.
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 16
(1,060 Views)